Friday, July 6, 2012

Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) -

Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) -

Shock Sale Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24You looking to find the "Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) -" Good news! You can purchase Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) - with secure price and compare to view update price on this product. And deals on this product is available only for limited time.

Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) - On Sale

Price: $359.00    Updated Price for Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) - now
Purchase Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24

Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) - Review

I bought this screen to use mainly as my computer screen but also sometimes to watch movies on. The screen is fully adjustable any which way you want which is very cool - up, down, tilt forward backward and you can do a complete 90 degree flip and have the screen in portrait instead of in landscape. I use this with pro tools and one thing I notice is that the numbers are just not 100% as smooth or as defined as with say a Viewsonic or an Apple monitor. But they're way more expensive and I think you get what you pay for. At the same time, it looks totally fine, it's just not as smooth and silky as with a more expensive screen. A tech friend of mine told me Acers actually look better with the analog input but I haven't had a chance to try that out yet.

I watch movies on this sometimes lying in bed, the screen about 12 feet away from me and I think it has an excellent viewing angle. My old screen you had to be in just the right place for people not to be in shadow, so this one is very forgiving of the viewer's postioning. Movies look really good I think, no complaints there. There are a few presets for contrast and brightness, "standard", "movie", "eco". I like standard or movie for watching movies, "eco" is a bit dark. Then you can program in your own user setting from scratch. Contrast, brightness, R, G, B, etc. It's not a crazy amount of control but a decent amount

BUT, here's the huge gripe I have with this screen. I noticed that I started to get very tired when using it with my computer at night, sitting right in front of it, surfing the net or working, my eyes would start getting scratchy. I had it on the "eco" setting which is the darkest since I didn't have the time to really get into programming my own user setting when I first got it. I thought the "eco" would be fine. But after about 3 or 4 hours of night time use, my eyes would almost be burning and for a long time I thought it was just me, that I was tired since it would often be late-ish at night. Well I started experimenting and then dialled in my own user setting which is even darker than the "eco" setting and all of a sudden, no more scratchy eyes at night. So, something about this screen in artificial lighting is very, very fatiguing on the eyes. I think if I could go back and do it again, I would have dropped the extra dough for a more high end screen considering how much time I spend working on it each day. I thought this one would be fine, I didn't care that it wouldn't look as amazing as an Apple or Viewsonic monitor but eye strain was not something that even crossed my radar as something that would be an issue with a cheaper monitor.

Summary: this is an excellent screen for viewing movies and the like, it's great for computer use during the day, but beware, once you're in artificial lighting with this monitor, it's hard on the eyes if you're sitting right in front of it. If you only plan to be viewing movies from a decent distance then this is a great screen. If you plan to have this screen right in front of you all day as your main computer screen, I wouldn't recommend it. And if you spend a huge amount of hours working on the computer, my advice would be to spend the extra couple of hundred dollars and get a really good screen, it'll be money well spent in the long run

I've been sitting in front of it now for about 2 hours working and my eyes started to get scratchy, so I checked my settings. Sure enough, I'd been watching a movie the day before and had forgotten to switch back over to my user setting for computer use. 2 hours is all it took for the screen to start tiring my eyes. On the flip side though, the amount of control you have over tilting, raising and lowering the screen is second to none

Most of the consumer Reviews tell that the "Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) -" are high quality item. You can read each testimony from consumers to find out cons and pros from Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24" LED LCD Monitor - 5 ms (UM.FB3AA.D01) - ...

Buy Acer B243HL DJObmdr 24

No comments:

Post a Comment